The Vision of our youth ministries is responding to the love and word of God we are growing to replicate the life and love of Jesus in each other and into the world.
We call the ministry of our 6-12th grade youth “The Underground”. The Underground joins God in loving the world. Every youth grows into the character, competence and confidence of knowing all are God’s people and doing the works of Jesus in their own lives. Our Underground youth are surrounded by adult shepherds who mentor and disciple youth. We are supported by our Youth and Family team who tries to keep all we do fun and faith filled in doing the work of Jesus.
A few of the things we do regularly as the Underground
- Weeklong Youth Mission Week – in 2014 we were sent to the Jersey Shore on a week called “Mission Re:Build”. The words “Jesus Lives Here” were in our minds, hands, feet and lives as we stumbled upon God’s work in unexpected, sweaty, life giving ways.
- ELCA Youth Gathering In 2015 we join 33,000 Lutheran High School Youth for “RISE UP”. So far 25 of our youth have hip hop danced and had a wondrous Magic Variety Show. We’ll dwell in the story of Mark wondering how we run from empty tombs with fear and amazement together.
- Middle School Sunday School on Sunday mornings from 9:45-10:45am. Our middle school youth choose the questions we wrestle with together using a nifty thing called “re:form.”
- Confirmation for high school freshman (or anyone!). Youth who are freshman get paired up with an awesome mentor and make faith more personal by intentionally learning how to respond to God’s love. It’s a great time of doubting, learning, practicing and taking next steps on the way of Jesus.
- High School Sunday School on Sunday mornings from 9:45-10:45am. Anything can happen – superhero sunday, love languages, hot dog pizza and epic Highs and Lows. It’s all Jesus.
- Youth Worship Team – We make wondrous music together! We play at Underground gatherings and in worship with all our crazy Bethel people.
- Out – Jesus has left the building. As we serve and are served we encounter God everywhere. We serve in many ways!